Wednesday, October 14, 2009

If it ain't broke...


TTV 2
Originally uploaded by brightnewthings
I have one or two preferred methods of image making - cross processing, pinhole, and a digital thing where I make it look cross processed. Ok, so three. I've admired TTV photography but have been too in love with what I was doing to be interested in trying it.

Putting all of my old camera collection on etsy recently, however, made me take a second look at TTV. My duaflex, in particular, has a particularly bright, warped, and seriously filthy viewfinder. Perfect for the kind of messes I like to make.

I'm still working the kinks out. The duaflex doesn't have a hood, so it reflects back all kinds of stuff. I may have to try again with a black cloth over my head, which is almost bordering on too much work. But I like the distortion and the grunge. I had to add some contrast and color, though, to achieve the richness I look for in my work...

No comments: